Social Media

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Makeup for Travelling


It's my worst nightmare - choosing what things to take away with me and what things to leave behind. I quite often turn up at my mum's for the weekend with a similar size suitcase to the one I take on holiday for a week in the sun because a) I am a crazy person and b) I just like options okay? But I am trying to get better.


I'm moving back to my Mum's house this September and I've been job hunting, trying to move bits and pieces back from my flat and I've been on holiday - it's nearly 2 weeks since I've been in Glasgow and when packing I knew I needed to condense the amount of makeup I travelled with to fit in shoes for Tenerife, job interviews and plane and train rides - stress! (See I told you I was a Busy Girl!)

I managed to whittle my travel makeup down to mostly fit into my little Ted Baker makeup bag (plus a couple of palettes...) And the winners were:

The Face:


I opted for my Rimmel Stay Matte Primer because my skin is oily as and the sun only makes it worse. I also brought my Rimmel BB Cream Radiance. This is light weight but still has a fair whack of coverage and isn't too dewey - a nice balanced base that suits both at home and abroad. 

Probably my favourite face thing that I packed is my Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette. My sister's boyfriend brought this back from the US for me and I am in love (especially with the yellow highlighter as you can probably tell from all the smudging haha!) Bronzing, countouring and highlighting in one. This alone saved loaaaaads of space.

I also brought Benefit Erase Paste concealer and Revlon Photo Ready Skinlights Illuminator  in Pink which I harp on about in this post here.

The Eyes (and brows):


I got my Naked Smoky palette about 2 weeks ago and I am so obsessed so this had to come with me! The shimmer shades were perfect for night time holiday looks and there are also a good amount of matte shades to create a really nice muted job interview makeup as well! To finish my eyes I brought my Rimmel Soft Kohl eye pencil in Sable Brown because I wanted to keep things quite soft and my MAC Extended Play Gigablack Waterproof Mascara in Black because it never smudges. Like ever.

For my brows it has to be my dream combination of the Anastasia Brow Wiz in dark brown and the Loreal Brow Artist Plumper in clear. No other products will do. These create a lovely defined but natural brow which is exactly what I want in my life.

The Finishing Touches:


I'm obsessed with cream blushers right now. I think they look so much more natural than powder formulas and they last better on my skin. My current favourite is the Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blusher in Soft Pink so that got chucked in. I also couldn't go abroad without any sparkle, so my MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle got to come too.

For lips I packed three lipsticks - MAC Viva Glam II which is my everyday lipstick, MAC Please Me and Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in In Love with Ginger. Of course I then bought MAC Coral Bliss in duty free and didn't wear any of the three I photographed on holiday. I have, however, been using the 2 MAC lipsticks for job interviews so it's justified...sort of! 

That still seems like SO MUCH MAKEUP but I swear except for the Rimmel lipstick I used all of it and I saved a lot of suitcase room! What products do you love to travel with? 

Mhairi-Anne x






No comments:

Post a Comment