Social Media

Sunday 2 August 2015

Drink This: Drugstore Moisturiser & Serum for THIRSTY skin!

I don't know about you but my skin is always thirsty! This Busy Girl drinks 3 litres of water every damn day and never skips her moisturiser and still it is always dry and dehydrated. Or at least it was! This summer I have come across 2 absolute gems for whetting my skin's appetite and adding a bit of magic glow!



























 First up, The Body Shop's Vitamin C Glow Boosting Moisturiser. This bad boy is for 'dull, tired, grumpy skin.' Well check, check and check, my friend! This gorgeous smelling gel formula is like an ice cold, refreshing drink for your skin. It sinks in absolutely beautifully and gives my skin that magic glow from within - like all that bloody water I drink should… I've been using this morning and night for the past 6 or 7 weeks and I am a complete convert. My skin has never been less dry and I'm finding my make up is lasting a lot longer during the day which is ideal because I am the only girl in my office and I don't like sitting there slapping more foundation on in front of all the elderly engineers! The one thing I will say is it is a touch sticky after applying - but it doesn't look it so who cares!? At £16 this is at the pricier end of drugstore but it is honestly worth every single penny and I am definitely repurchasing.

The newer addition to my skincare routine in the Nip+Fab Skin Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum. I'm gonna hold my hand up and say I am too busy (ahem lazy) to have used a serum before but, once again, I am converted. I love the whole Nip+Fab range so when I saw this on special offer a few weeks ago I thought I might as well give it a try. The gel formula sinks straight into my skin and to begin with I was like 'well that just disappeared it can't possibly be doing anything…' Except it is. It's like it completely resurfaces my skin so it's not all bumpy and there are literally no irritating little dry patches. I swear this stuff plumps up my skin and I look 18 again and not my true haggard old age of 23 (I jest). This stuff has a bit of a zing to it and almost stings (or nips) a bit which I actually quite like and I swear if it doesn't actually have dragon's blood in it it's got some kind of magic potion or something. Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum retails for £13.30 and you can get it at Boots and Superdrug.

My skin has quite literally been transformed from a cranky, cracked up ole crack pot into a smooth and luminous beacon of hope by these two little saviours! Would love to hear some more thirsty skin recommendations!

Mhairi-Anne x



No comments:

Post a Comment