Social Media

Thursday 13 August 2015

Makeup That Will Last 9 to 5: The Work Proof Base























I have tried primers, foundations and concealers galore in my search for makeup that will get me through a whole day at work. My search was futile. That dastardly skin of mine just eats makeup right up! 

After two years in an office where the combination of the aircon and sitting with my face in my hands out of frustration/irritation/boredom was a recipe for a makeup disappearing act, I've finally found a routine that can stand up to the perils of the day and take a punch. And because I'm so kind I'm sharing it with you!


The Glue
First up on the makeup menu is the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer. This stuff is a nice cream consistency and mattes skin out without completely drying it. It creates a lovely even surface for my foundation and glues my makeup right onto my skin from when I leave the flat at 7:30 until when I fall in the door at 6pm. And being Rimmel the price isn't exactly eye watering, coming in at a teeny £5.99!

The Coverage
My foundation of choice is the MAC Studio Fix Fluid. This stuff is kind of a classic. It's a nice thick consistency, buffs beautifully into the skin and creates beautiful medium to full coverage without looking all cakey and gross! Because it is quite a matte finish it has really good staying power and my skin still looks pretty damn good at the end of the working day! 

The Glow
The combination of the matte primer and heavy duty foundation can leave my skin a touch on the dull side so I mix a touch of the Revlon Photo Ready Skinlights Illuminator in Pink in with my foundation. I am obsessed with pink toned highlighters, I think they are absolutely beautiful and give a really natural effect. This adds a gorgeous radiant glow to the skin and keeps things looking nice and fresh throughout the day! I am obsessed with this stuff- adding this into the mix gives me the perfect compromise between good coverage and a dewier finish! 

The Ultimate Concealer
For concealer is has to be Benefit Erase Paste. This stuff is like tip-ex for spots and dark circles. I apply with my ring fingers and dab it in to blur any imperfections - particularly focusing on my under eyes and around my nose. Side note - I bought mine in February and it is now August and I still have a good couple of months of product in there. I'm not really a less is more sort of person either, I slap this stuff on like it's the secret to eternal youth. Your £20.50 goes far - serious value for money! 

I'm honestly so chuffed with how well this base stands up to long days in the office! I would love to hear what other stand out products are perfect for long days at work or school (because let's face it, we all love to try new things!)

Mhairi-Anne x


No comments:

Post a Comment